|Programme||Affiliation / Approved by||Mode of Study||Duration||Fees per Annum||Application Status||Application Form|
|PGDM||AICTE||Full-Time||2 Years||3,00,000||Open||Apply Now!|
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The Two years full time PGDM programme prepares students to assume leadership roles. The curriculum is continuously evolving with a supporting pedagogy in sync with the changing needs and aspirations of the corporate sector. The programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Government of India, New Delhi. The programme offers dual specialization.
The first three academic terms focus on course work. The remaining 3 terms provide students with an opportunity to pursue study in fields of their special interests. It will thus include a set of core and elective courses. In between the first- and second-year study, there is a summer project alignment which attempts to integrate theory with practice.
We believe that our Management Graduates learn will equip them with an intellectual depth that will be suited for a wide range of professional careers. Dayananda Sagar Business School (DSBS) thus prepares its business leaders to face the challenges of tomorrow. On successful completion of the programme requirements, the student is awarded PGDM recognised by AICTE.
Practice-oriented management program, where students learn theoretical concepts driven by experiential learning. The program has a strong industry bias with distinctive specializations in Health Care, Retail and Insurance Management and also offers a dual specialization with Human Resources, Finance and Marketing Management. The ethos of the program is to create job-ready management executives, to take functional leadership roles in the industry.
Salient Points of the Program
Faculty drawn from the best educational institutions in the world.
Pedagogy which is driven by Experiential Learning and Industry-Based Internships.
The first-year has rigorous Conceptual Learning while the second year is driven by Learning by Practice. Students are mentored by industry leaders. Students will be given exposure to Cross-Cultural Management by touring a Foreign Country (ICAT). Learning is concentrated on:
- 3 Audit courses for each new Specialization
- Certificate Courses
- Weekend Assignments,
- Case-study based problem-solving and decision-making exercises.
- Bespoke Curriculum to transform participants to “T-Shaped” Professionals in the Industry.
- Integrate the participants mind to bridge the gap between what they do know and what they ought to know by integration of theory with practice.
- Sensitize mind think about the recent advances in technological and managerial aspects.
- Elite icons / thought leaders drawn from academia viz. IIMs and senior corporate practitioners as Adjunct / Visiting faculty to add value for mindshare and mutual gain.
- Hands ‘on training through industry tie ups as part of corporate immersion programs.
The Overall performance of a student is indicated by two indices viz. Term Grade Point Average (TGPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). The evaluation is done on a 10-point scale viz. ‘A+’ to ‘F’, fail. The assessment tools are embedded in the academic structure itself and allow academic progress to be assessed on a continuous basis. The evaluation system is holistic and its components include:
- Class Participation
- Tests & Quizzes
- Group & Individual Projects
- Practice School Program
- Assignments & Term Papers
- Case Study
- Seminars & Presentations
- End-Term Examination